Now that it’s spring time, all I want to eat are fresh, bright ingredients. Typically, paccheri pasta would go with a heavy, meaty sauce, but in this case, I wanted something tangy and light to go with the big hearty noodles.
I don’t typically cook with such large noodles, but I found a box of specialty, oversized noodles at Whole Foods, on sale, and couldn’t pass it up.
- 1 package paccheri pasta
- 2 packages cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parsley
- salt & pepper
- 4 Tbs. garlic
- olive oil
- 1 package burrata cheese
- 1 small can tomato paste
- Add a pinch of salt to large pot of water. (Enough water to cover noodles) Bring to a boil on stove.
- Add noodles and cook until al dente.
- Ladle out 2 spoonfuls of boiling starchy water & set aside.
- While noodles are cooking, halve the cherry tomatoes.
- When noodles are cooked, strain. Add 1 Tbs. of olive oil.
- In large skillet, heat drizzle of olive oil. Add garlic until sizzling. Add cherry tomatoes & tomato paste. Add 8 Tbs. of water to the pan. If you want to thin the tomato paste further, keep adding water. Roast tomatoes through in sauce until crispy on the outside, soft on the inside and the paste / tomatoes form a sauce.
- Add noodles, half the parsley, salt and pepper, and half the parmesan cheese to the pan. Stir until pasta is coated in sauce.
- Plate the pasta, and pull apart burrata to place on top. Sprinkle remaining parsley and parmesan cheese on pasta plates. For a finishing touch, drizzle olive oil on top.