Welcome 2020! I’m not one for New Year’s resolutions, but I’m all about a classic savory dish, with an added healthy ingredient all year long. So here’s a hearty dish, not a detox, to kick off your new year. A baked spinach artichoke dip with…avocado! Keep in mind, you can use whatever cheese you have handy. I just happened to have brie cheese leftover from the holiday, which was a nice melty addition to the top of the bake.
- 1 Fontina cheese block – cubed
- 1 Mozzarella cheese block – cubed
- 1 Brie Cheese round – Mini – cubed
- 1 Cream cheese package – cubed
- 1 Cup spinach – chopped
- 1 Avocado – smashed
- 1 Jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 Handful Parmesan – shredded
- 4 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- Rosemary bread loaf
- 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Slice lemon in half. Add 1 Tbs. olive oil and 1 clove of garlic onto lemon and bake in oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- While lemon is baking, add fontina, mozzarella, cream cheese, spinach, avocado, and artichoke hearts to 12-inch baking pan. Toss and mix until combined.
- Add brie cheese and sprinkle Parmesan cheese to the top of the pan. Sprinkle the pine nuts, 3 Tbs. olive oil, and 1 clove of garlic on top of the cheese. Juice the cooked lemon on the top. If desired, thinly slice the remaining half of lemon and place slices on the top.
- Place in oven for 20 – 30 minutes, until top is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Slice rosemary bread loaf and toast.
- In a small bowl, add 3 Tbs. olive oil, desired amount of garlic, and dill for garnish to make a dipping sauce.