If you’re like me, thinking of making bread can seem overwhelming. But actually, it’s pretty simple! Crusty, fluffy bread takes more time than actual preparation, so it’s great to make on a Sunday morning and have a whole loaf for the week. I used instant yeast for this recipe, which you can find at any grocery store in the baking aisle. Also, be sure to buy bread flour, not all purpose flour for this recipe, and you should be set to go!
- 3 c. bread flour
- 2 tsp. yeast
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 c. warm water 120°F.
- Mix flour, yeast, and salt together.
- Add the warm water and mix.
- Cover and let stand 2 – 3 hours.
- Remove and knead for 5 minutes using flour.
- Transfer to parchment paper.
- Place in preheated dutch oven at 450°F.
- Bake for 30 minutes, covered
- Remove lid and cook for another 12 – 15 minutes.