There’s nothing like drinking a cocktail with some freshly squeezed fruit juice in it. As someone who gets congested when drinking beer, I tend to lean toward these types of cocktails, but reducing the amount of hard alcohol in each serving, over grabbing a hoppy beer. If you want tequila instead of vodka, try this thyme fig cocktail recipe.
- 1 oz. vodka
- Juice of 1 grapefruit, strained
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 tsp. honey syrup
- 2 splashes sparkling water
- Prepare honey syrup. Add 1/2 c. of water and 1/4 c. of honey to a small pot over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce to low heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Once honey syrup is cooled, add a few ice cubes, vodka, grapefruit juice, and honey syrup to a shaker. Shake until well mixed.
- Add ice cubes to two serving glasses. Strain grapefruit mixture evenly between the two glasses. Top off each glass with sparkling water. Add a sprig of thyme to each glass.