Summertime is the perfect season for minimal prep, fresh dishes. This fig and mozzarella bowl is no exception. I recommend buying all local ingredients for this one, since you’ll taste the raw ingredients. The fresher the better. Get your prosciutto sliced thin. Your mozzarella with water at the bottom, and freshly picked basil. Figs are perfect this time of year, so grab a bunch. They’re so versatile for multiple dishes, such as desserts, appetizers, and main courses. You can sear them, pair them with ice cream, or eat them raw like in this dish.
Makes 2 bowls
- 4 balls medium sized mozzarella balls
- 2 handfuls fresh basil
- 2 – 4 figs
- 2 large drizzles of olive oil
- salt & pepper
- thinly sliced prosciutto – about 10 slices
- Tear apart mozzarella balls into thin pieces and place at the bottom of 2 bowls.
- Twist prosciutto into rosettes and place under and on top of mozzarella pieces.
- Slice figs in half or thin slices, depending on how you enjoy eating them and place on top of each bowls’ ingredients. Add basil leaves as well. Lightly toss all ingredients together.
- Drizzle bowls with olive oil and add a pinch of salt and pepper to each bowl.