Typically I make tomato and ricotta crostini, but grape ricotta crostini allow for the addition of one of my favorite ingredients – honey.
What’s great about this recipe is it yields a lot of grapes you can store in the fridge for later. All it takes is a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper, and the grapes roast really nicely.
- 1 bunch purple grapes
- 4 Tbs. olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 baguette, toasted and sliced
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 Tbs. parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 tsp. garlic
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Rinse grapes in cold water. Lay grapes on a pan. Lightly coat with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast grapes in the oven for 40 – 60 minutes, until golden.
While the grapes are roasting
- Prepare the baguette and ricotta mixture.
- Slice the baguette down the center. Then slice the baguette in 3-4″ pieces.
- Lightly coat baguette pieces with olive oil. Toast in oven until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Mix together the ricotta, egg yolk, parmesan cheese, and 2 tsp. garlic. Place in the fridge until grapes are done roasting.
- Remove grapes from the oven and allow to cool.
- Add ricotta mixture to half of each baguette slice, and grapes to the other half.
- Drizzle honey over the top of each ricotta grape crostini.