Try out this cozy roasted grape & walnut, pecorino cheese salad with a balsamic vinaigrette. It’s got different types of baby lettuces for this salad, including arugula, and a mix of kale, chard, and spinach. It makes for varying shapes, sizes and nutrients in the mix.
Ingredients – Salad
- baby chard, kale, and spinach lettuce mix
- baby arugula mix
- 3 handfuls seedless red grapes, roasted
- 2 handfuls walnuts, roasted
- sprinkle of brown sugar
- 1 red onion, slivered
- pecorino cheese, shaved
Ingredients – Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 Tbs. dijon mustard
- 2 Tbs. balsamic
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
- salt & pepper
- Put grapes and walnuts in an oven pan. Coat with 1 Tbs. olive or avocado oil, salt and pepper. Add a little brown sugar to the walnuts.
- Toast the almonds and grapes in the oven at 375°F for 15 – 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While the grapes and walnuts are roasting, rinse and dry the lettuce, and mix together in a large bowl or on individual plates.
- Prepare dressing by mixing all ingredients – mustard, balsamic, olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper, all together.
- When walnuts and grapes have been toasted, allow them to cool. Then top the lettuce mixture with the balsamic dressing, walnuts, grapes, pecorino cheese, and a bit of salt and pepper.