Looking to cut back on carbs? Replace couscous with cauliflower! This dish is mostly protein, and veggies, with a little dairy.
- 1 jar artichoke hearts
- Empty artichoke hearts into shallow pan. Let simmer for 20 minutes.
- 1/2 c plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 Tbs. minced fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbs. fresh mint
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Add all ingredients to bowl. Mix to combine.
Tomatillo Chile Relish
- 2 tomatillos, minced
- 1 jalepeno chile, minced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Peel top layer off tomatillos, & rinse. Rinse jalepano. Mince both.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and combine.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 1 onion, minced
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 c whole milk yogurt
- Salt, pepper, 4 Tbs. olive oil
- Mince cauliflower. Put minced cauliflower into food processor, until it resembles the consistency of couscous.
- Mince onion. Put in food processor until blended.
- Add onion, cumin, turmeric, & ginger to pan. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower. Cook for 15 minutes. Add olive oil and yogurt.
- 4 bone in lamb shanks
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ghee butter
- Put salt and pepper and ghee button on both sides of lamb shank.
- Fry in pan until seared golden brown on all edges.
- Bake lamb shanks in aluminum foil lined pan at 400° F for 5 minutes. Cut into one shank to see how well done it is. It cooks through fast, and will continue to cook after it’s out of the oven, so monitor them closely.
Once all ingredients are built, line the bottom of a bowl with the cauliflower couscous. Add artichokes on top of one half of the couscous. Place shanks on the other half. Put a dollop of yogurt sauce on top of lamb shanks. Add a spoonful of the tomato chile relish on top of yogurt sauce. Sprinkle arugula on the side of yogurt.