Cookies are a staple for any person who, well, eats food. It’s nice to have a couple recipes up your sleeve for when you want a cookie that’s not loaded with sugar, but also tastes delicious. I love cookies with texture to them, and the oatmeal and chocolate chips in this batter combine for the perfect smooth, silky, and crunchy texture. This recipe is quick, easy to memorize, and a crowd pleaser with the added hints of nutmeg and cinnamon.
- 1 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 Tbs honey
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2. c. unsalted butter, room temp.
- 1 c. oatmeal, large flake
- 2/3 c. dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Put flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda & salt into a bowl. Mix.
- Add butter, brown sugar, sugar, egg, honey & vanilla to separate mixing bowl. Mix until ingredients fully combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until combined into a sticky batter.
- Add in the dark chocolate chips & oatmeal into the batter. Stir until evenly dispersed.
- Scoop batter into small scoops and place on baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for about 11 minutes, until golden around the edges. Remove from oven and allow to cool.