All over the internet, dalgona coffee recipes have been picking up momentum. If you’ve ever tried making it, the froth on top of the drink is really bitter, and I didn’t love it! Which I was surprised by since I love espresso and there is espresso powder in a dalgona coffee. So I decided to mix up a variation on the classic take using moringa and matcha! I’m really happy with how the result turned out. It’s sweet and you get hints of vanilla from the milk.
Moringa powder and matcha powder are superfoods with some great health benefits, and if you want to read more about them, check out this article.
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp. matcha
- 1 tsp. moringa
- 1 Tbs. sugar
- 1 c. 2% milk
- ice cubs
- optional – 1 Tbs. vanilla creamer
- Separate egg yolk from egg white. Beat egg white until it forms stiff peaks.
- Add matcha, moringa, & sugar to the egg white. Beat until combined.
- Pour milk over ice in a glass. Then add the moringa matcha froth over the top.
- If you desire, add the vanilla creamer to the milk for a sweeter taste.
- Sprinkle moringa or matcha powder over the top of the beverage.