I can’t believe it took 26 years for me to make candied prosciutto. It’s so easy and such a great treat. It can be added to cheese boards, topped on top of a donut, or even eaten plain or with a piece of dark chocolate.
The only tricky part is making sure the slices don’t stay in the oven too long because they can easily burn and then get stuck to the pan.
• 1/4 lb. thinly sliced prosciutto
• 2 Tbs. sugar
• pinch of cayenne pepper, all spice, and salt
• 1 Tbs. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine sugar, cayenne, all spice, salt and olive oil. Mix until it forms a paste.
- Lay prosciutto pieces on parchment paper – lined baking sheet.
- Brush paste onto each prosciutto slice.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow pieces to cool on a wire rack.