I love roasted tomato crostini. It’s less than 6 ingredients & is so easy to throw some cherry tomatoes into the oven and bake them until crispy. All you need is a little olive oil, salt and pepper. They come out so juicy, tangy & sweet with such little effort. Then there’s the ricotta. Or in this case – Lifeway Kefir Farmer Cheese, which has 16 grams of protein – yes, 16, in the whole package. I’ve never found a ricotta replacement with the same fluffy texture & salty, tangy taste.
- 2 – 4 Tbs. olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 package Lifeway Kefir Farmer Cheese
- Garlic ciabatta loaf
- 1 package cherry tomatoes
- freshly minced garlic
- (optional) finely grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Put cherry tomatoes in a baking pan. Drizzle desired amount of olive oil over the top. About 1 – 2 Tbs. Grind salt and pepper over the top of the tomatoes. Evenly coat tomatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Bake in oven until tomatoes are brown and crispy around the edges, about 15 minutes.
- While tomatoes are in the oven, slice the ciabatta loaf into 1/4 inch slices. Toast and spread fresh garlic & olive oil over each slice.
- When tomatoes are done baking, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool.
- Spread a layer of farmer cheese over each ciabatta slice. If desired, mix the farmer cheese with fine – grated Parmesan.
- Add desired number of cherry tomatoes to each ciabatta slice. Enjoy.