Christmas time is quickly approaching. Maybe your group is looking a little smaller this year. Well, no worries! This spicy chocolate covered candied prosciutto will be delicious for any group holiday gathering.
The cayenne in this prosciutto gives the dish an extra kick and the dark chocolate elevates it to holiday – ready. With a total of 10 minutes for preparation time, I’m keeping this one in my arsenal for holiday favorites.
Of course, if you prefer no spice or a different flavor profile, mix up the spices according to your preferred taste.
- 8 slices prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 6 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- Heat oven to 450°
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray with non stick cooking spray. Lay prosciutto slices on foil.
- Add 5 Tbs. olive oil, salt, cayenne, allspice and sugar to a small bowl. Mix. Using a brush or spoon, evenly coat each slice of prosciutto with olive oil spice mix.
- Bake in oven for 6 – 8 minutes or until golden. Watch closely or the thin pieces will burn.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Melt dark chocolate into liquid in the microwave or in a pot. Add 1 Tbs. olive oil to make it a thinner consistency.
- Dip each piece of prosciutto into the chocolate. Place in fridge to harden.