White fish is just one of those diverse dishes you can eat by itself in a nice white wine sauce, add it to pasta, or make it into chowder. This one is halibut with white wine and capers. It’s packed with savory flavor and the capers give it an extra punch. Searing the fillets on each side make this meal quick and delicious. Make sure your fillets are cut thin for this recipe.
- 4 – 6 halibut fillets
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. capers
- 1/2 c. white wine
- chopped parsley, a pinch
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 2 Tbs. garlic
- Salt & pepper
- Bring halibut to room temperature. Then add olive oil to a skillet. Let it heat, then add the halibut fillets. Sear on one side for 3 minutes. Then flip.
- Add in the capers, white wine, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir.
- Sear the opposite side of the halibut fillets until cooked through.
- Add the cream, stir, and simmer for a minute
- Add the parsley and serve with white wine.